The Daughters Of Jerusalem And Sisters Of Mercy was founded by Prophet William Saunders Crowdy as an Auxiliary to the Church Of God And Saints Of Christ.
The First general meeting held to share all of the charitable work being done in the various “Temples” was in Guthrie, Oklahoma.
The Prophet used the Daughters Auxiliary as one method to foster growth of our religious body.
“The work of the Daughters of Jerusalem and Sisters of Mercy is beautiful in its religious principles and its work of aiding suffering humanity. Beneath the daily duties outlined here, is the spirit of the daughters who have carried the torch of service for many years since our beginning.”– Grand Rachel St. Beersheba Walker Granison excerpt from the foreword of the 1948 Daughters Manual